We are the Association for Freedom of Entertainment Expression, an independent, non-partisan political organization. Amidst renewed focus on Japanese popular culture and media by cultural and political interests around the world, our organization advocates on behalf of the freedom of Japanese consumers and the creative expression of Japanese art-ists and entertainers and represents these concerns on a range of issues. We continually seek to expand our professional network and advocacy activities across various fields and industries, including political action, business, societal trends, cultural stewardship, and the world of media.
As proud consumers of Japanese entertainment ourselves, we work to advance the cause of freedom in media, both in expression and universal access. We engage in educational activities, information outreach, workshops, institutional support, stewardship of aligned organizations, and other activities to help advance this cause.
We hope you’ll join us and support our efforts!
AFEE is an organization that advocates for freedom of expression, and is committed to safeguarding the rights and interests of consumers across Japanese entertainment, in-cluding anime, games and other pop culture industries. To that aim, we are committed to three core ideals:
- Advocate For Consumers – We envision a society where consumers, rather than simply receiving content, are able to quickly engage in active dialogue, both with cre-ators and their communities. To this end, we spearhead initiatives to conduct surveys and studies, and are committed to transparency and consumer advocacy.
- Hold Free Expression Paramount And Demand Personal Accountability – We strongly condemn any regulations on creative expression. This includes regulation or censorship of content, limiting access to information or entertainment material, or in-vasions of consumer privacy. We believe that the answer to expression that violates the rights of others must be a focus on personal accountability, not a broad limitation of the free expression of others.
- Protect the Rights of Children – We understand that the duty to protect our chil-dren must not preclude those children from enjoying their fundamental rights. To that aim, we promote activities and support for the exercise of these rights by those not yet of age. First among these rights are rights to freely consume information and entertainment, speak their opinions, and engage in self-expression. We are commit-ted to defending these rights.
Board of Directors
- Takatoshi Sakai (President)
- "OnsenHanjukuTamago"(Vice President)
- Daisuke Sakakibara
- “PG Shiganai”
- Dr. Masanori Yoshida
- Densuke Udonno
- Motoshi Nakatani
- Akihiko Kondo
- Taro Yamada (Diet Member)
- Koichi Oyama (Lawyer)
We accept donations via bank transfer and Pixiv Fanbox.
Credit Card/Convenience Store Payments (Pixiv Fanbox) Ethos
Please consider donating to our Fanbox using the “donate（支援する）” button on the right side of the Fanbox page.
Standard donations of ￥300/mo., ￥500/mo., ￥1,000/mo. and ￥3,000/mo. are available.
Resona Bank, Ltd.
House of Councilors Branch
2-1-1, Nagata-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
SWIFT Code: DIWAJPJT
Account Number: 033830
Receivable to: Takatoshi Sakai, Association for Freedom of Entertainment Ex-pression President